Super-cool bonus opportunity for Now Is The Time attendees: Pop-Up Talks by audience members
If you’ve ever thought about doing your own TEDxSanAntonio talk, this might be your shot. For our upcoming TEDxSanAntonio “Now Is The Time” event on Saturday, November 18, we’re bringing back a crowd favorite from last year. Check it out: up to 5 Attendees will have the chance to give their own “Pop Up” TEDxSanAntonio talk during the lunch break.
Yes, you read that right: a few lucky audience members will get the chance to deliver a 6-minute talk at the Witte Museum’s Will Smith Amphitheater on the banks of the San Antonio River. It’s a lovely outdoor venue that will seat more than 100 audience members who can’t get enough awesome TEDxSanAntonio talks.
Interested speakers: We’ll be asking the audience to vote on which talks should make the stage, so it might be a good idea to invite your friends to attend…
Here are the details:
- Start preparing your 6-minute talk now. Six minutes and it’s time for the next talk. Six minutes, that’s your shot. Bring it. No slides, no visuals.
- The Will Smith Amphitheater is an uncovered outdoor venue and this opportunity is 100% dependent on good weather. If it’s raining or worse we’ll be heartbroken to cancel this part of the big day, but we must err on the side of comfort and safety for our attendees.
- This opportunity is ONLY available to ticketed members of the TEDxSanAntonio audience.
- If you’re planning to do a talk, you will sign up after registering for the event. Speaker candidates must sign a speaker release. Be prepared to list your talk title, a three sentence talk description and a two sentence description of why you’re the right person to give this talk.
- We’re expecting more than 5 attendees to sign up to speak so there is NO GUARANTEE that your talk will be selected for this event.
- In case you skipped the first bullet: start preparing your 6-minute talk now. Six minutes and it’s time for the next talk. Six minutes, that’s your shot. Bring it.
All Pop-Up Talks will be recorded and some time after the event Pop-Up talks may be posted to our TEDxSanAntonio Youtube channel. Outstanding speakers may be invited to speak on the main stage at a future TEDxSanAntonio event.
It goes without saying, but please, BUY YOUR TICKET NOW.