Upcoming TED Circles Events
Courage, Truth, & Science: TED Circles July • REMOTE via Zoom
Saturday, July 30, 10 AM – 12 PM Central Time: We will continue our exploration of Truth Telling — living in a “post-truth” era, and having the courage to speak up when we see wrongs. The event is free; you must register to receive the Zoom link.
What is TED Circles?
TED Circles is a relatively new program where small groups gather to watch and discuss one or more TED talks about a certain theme or topic. It’s a great way to meet people and share ideas.
TED Circles by TEDxSanAntonio sessions are led by hosts trained in facilitating dialog; they select topics, prepare stimulating questions for the groups, and encourage respectful conversation.
TED Circles events can be online or in-person. Everyone is welcome to attend, and the sessions are always free.
Interested in facilitating a TED Circles hosted by TEDxSanAntonio event?
Becoming a volunteer host/facilitator for a TED Circles session is a wonderful way to get more involved with TEDxSanAntonio and get to know fascinating, deep-thinking people in our community.
Anyone can sign up to host a TED Circles event through TED; you don’t have to be a TEDx licensee. But we invite you to become a volunteer host/facilitator with our program. We’re established, we have momentum, an infrastructure, and we perform marketing outreach to invite participants. Here’s what our facilitators do to produce an event:
- Select a theme/topic, and 1-3 TED or TEDxtalks in that theme; propose it to the team and get feedback
- Put your session on our promotions calendar and collaborate with our marketing specialist on promotions
- Prepare thoughtful prompt questions for the small groups discussion session
- TED also suggests themes and prompt questions
- Select a date, and decide whether in-person or remote, via Zoom
- Help promote the session to your network
- Facilitate respectful, inspiring discussion for 4-25 people (depending on our promotions, and the topic)
- Report results: number of participants, energy, lessons learned, suggestions and feedback from participants
Have questions? Reach out to us at Registration@TEDxSanAntonio.com.