What are Salon events?
- Offer recurring opportunities to dialog with the community
- Focus on a specific topic — themes are not as broad as a regular TEDxSanAntonio event
- Can feature live speakers or screen one or more TED or TEDx talks for discussion
- Include opportunities for interactivity — working, practicing, and doing, not just talking
Past TEDxSanAntonio Salon topics:
- Creating Meaning in our Lives
- Local, Healthy Food Policy
- Children’s Mental Health
- Redefining Beauty & Gender Stereotypes
Salons have an interesting history in the exchange of ideas. Salons were popular during the Age of Enlightenment, and often organized by women, a Salon host gathered innovators, intellectuals, artists, scientists, and philosophers to discuss issues of the day.
Have a question or idea?
Reach out to us at Registration@TEDxSanAntonio.com.