Rehearsals are Tomorrow!
The amazing TEDxSanAntonio Minds Wide Open Speakers will be rehearsing at Rackspace tomorrow, preparing to deliver the talks of their lives. Our tech production crew, headed by George Riley, Bob Hotard and the capable folks at JSAV, will run through the show, rehearsing the complex transitions required for this combination live performance, video shoot, and webcast event.
We’re so pleased and gratified at the unprecedented response to TEDxSanAntonio this year. San Antonians obviously understand the value of TED, and the TEDx program of which we’re a part. Thanks are due to our communications committee, and to our media partners, who did a fantastic job getting the word out.
Did you miss out? No!
Here are some opportunities to attend or watch the event:
- Our primary event at Rackspace is full – although there are few folks canceling due to emergencies, so it’s worthwhile sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get added to the wait list.
- Two of the three webcast watch parties are full. The Webcast Watch Party at D. R. Semmes Family YMCA @ TriPoint has a very large capacity, so they still have some spots available.
- We will webcast the event starting at 10 am (or thereabouts).
- Finally, the talks will be posted about 3-4 weeks after the event.
- I’m attending the primary event at Rackspace. What should I wear? Comfortable shoes, for starters. It’s all day and then the after party, and parking is likely to be a hike. Then, dress for your own comfort; you’ll see people in shorts and jeans, and folks more dressed up. Suit yourself, it’s a Saturday, and what counts is what’s in your mind.
- May we see what speakers are slated to appear at specific times? We have a tentative running order posted, but it is subject to change. And remember, the sessions you don’t expect to get a lot out of can be the most amazing, mind-blowing ones.
- I want to come to the After Party. Can I just show up? You can if you register for a Webcast Watch Party!
- What should I bring to the After Party? Nonperishable food items or a small cash donation would be appreciated — they’ll go straight to the San Antonio Food Bank, our beneficiary for the After Party.
- Will you feed us? Yes. Snacks, beverages, and a Food Truck lunch.
- Are there any tickets left? We’re full, but if your timing is good, you may get lucky. A few people have had emergencies, and when they release their ticket, we add them to the waiting list pool. So if you’re interested in attending, email email@example.com and if a ticket comes open, we will let you know. Thanks to the event design team, who updated the layout to accommodate more chairs, we were able to accommodate more in-person attendees.
- Do I have to attend a Webcast Watch Party to see the talks? No! Tune in via web to our Webcast anytime between 10 am and 5 pm on Saturday, October 12 to watch the free event livestream.
- I’m busy Saturday; am I out of luck to see this thing? No! We’re recording the talks with video, so we’ll post those as soon as they’re edited and available, usually in 3-4 weeks.
- Do you have more events in the pipeline? Why yes we do! We’ve applied for a license to run a TEDWomen Watch Party on Thursday, December 5, and we have been granted a license to hold more Salon events.
- Is there a hashtag we can follow to chat with others about the event? Yes! Folks from many countries will be tuning in too; use #TEDxSanAntonio and #MindsWideOpen.
- What’s the best way to stay in the loop with TEDxSanAntonio? Subscribe to our eNews updates. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook or Google+.
- It sounds like you guys have a lot of fun. Can I get involved too? We do, join us! Complete our Volunteer Form, or our Sponsor Form. But please be patient, our all-volunteer crew will be ready for a well-deserved break after the event. Feel free to reach out to us.