Do you have an idea worth spreading?
NOTE: Not all events feature speakers; when we have open applications, they are posted here. To be notified when speaker applications are open for an upcoming event, please subscribe to our enews announcements.
- TEDxYouth at San Antonio 2017: Saturday, May 6, 2017. Possibly 2-3 speaker opportunities. Applications will open soon.
- TEDxSanAntonio main event: Saturday, November 18, 2017. Up to 18 speaker opportunities. Applications will open in late spring or early summer.
Do you know someone with ideas worth sharing?
We’d love to hear about it, and them. Who in San Antonio should speak, and about what topics? And – who from outside San Antonio should be invited to submit a speaking application – someone we here in San Antonio really need to hear from? Submit a Speaker Nomination here.
These 10 tips are the heart of a great TEDTalk.
- Dream big. Strive to create the best talk you have ever given. Reveal something never seen before. Do something the audience will remember forever. Share an idea that could change the world.
- Show us the real you. Share your passions, your dreams … and also your fears. Be vulnerable. Speak of failure as well as success.
- Make the complex plain. Don’t try to dazzle intellectually. Don’t speak in abstractions. Explain! Give examples. Tell stories. Be specific.
- Connect with people’s emotions. Make us laugh! Make us cry!
- Don’t flaunt your ego. Don’t boast. It’s the surest way to switch everyone off.
- No selling from the stage! Unless we have specifically asked you to, do not talk about your company or organization. And don’t even think about pitching your products or services or asking for funding from stage.
- Feel free to comment on other speakers, to praise or to criticize. Controversy energizes! Enthusiastic endorsement is powerful!
- If possible, don’t read your talk. Notes are fine. But if the choice is between reading or rambling, then read!
- You must end your talk on time. Doing otherwise is to steal time from the people that follow you. We won’t allow it.
- Rehearse your talk in front of a trusted friend … for timing, for clarity, for impact.
Want to know more about what it means to be a TEDxSanAntonio speaker and why you should consider giving a talk?
Be sure to read the TEDx Speaker Guide document from the “big” TED organization about speaking at a TEDx event.