Do you have an idea worth sharing?
Take a look at all the information below to become involved in our next event.
The deadline to apply to speak is July 1, 2013
These 10 tips are the heart of a great TEDTalk.
- Dream big. Strive to create the best talk you have ever given. Reveal something never seen before. Do something the audience will remember forever. Share an idea that could change the world.
- Show us the real you. Share your passions, your dreams … and also your fears. Be vulnerable. Speak of failure as well as success.
- Make the complex plain. Don’t try to dazzle intellectually. Don’t speak in abstractions. Explain! Give examples. Tell stories. Be specific.
- Connect with people’s emotions. Make us laugh! Make us cry!
- Don’t flaunt your ego. Don’t boast. It’s the surest way to switch everyone off.
- No selling from the stage! Unless we have specifically asked you to, do not talk about your company or organization. And don’t even think about pitching your products or services or asking for funding from stage.
- Feel free to comment on other speakers, to praise or to criticize. Controversy energizes! Enthusiastic endorsement is powerful!
- If possible, don’t read your talk. Notes are fine. But if the choice is between reading or rambling, then read!
- You must end your talk on time. Doing otherwise is to steal time from the people that follow you. We won’t allow it.
- Rehearse your talk in front of a trusted friend … for timing, for clarity, for impact.
Are you interested in becoming a speaker?
Make sure you read the Speaker 10 Commandments before applying. The deadline to apply to speak is July 1, 2013.
Do you know someone with ideas worth sharing? Use our Speaker Nomination Form. Otherwise, use the button below to apply to be a speaker.
Want to know more about what it means to be a TEDxSanAntonio speaker and why you should consider giving a talk?
Be sure to read the TEDx Speaker Guide document from the “big” TED organization about speaking at a TEDx event.
Do you know someone with ideas worth sharing? Use our Speaker Nomination Form with their contact information and idea and we will be happy to invite them to apply.