At a TEDxYouth@SanAntonio event, middle schoolers, high schoolers and college students come together (with parents, educators and friends) to share imaginative and thought-provoking ideas for transforming our city and world. Activities showcase San Antonio’s unique culture, innovation and creativity to the worldwide TED community. #TEDxYouthSA
See our Page at Facebook.com/TEDxSAyouth
Our New Facebook Group – Behind The Youth
The new Facebook Group is called BTY “Behind The Youth”. Acknowledging our community leaders in San Antonio now more than ever is our mission. Men and women that have been huge pioneers to the next generation. To the parents that have been partnering with local with parks, camps and churches we want to create a space where we share stories of progress and development. Highlighting mentors, pastors, even neighbors that actively support our youth in a variety of ways TEDxYouth@SanAntonio created BTY to support you and the ideas you have to push our community forward.
Now Accepting Blog Submissions!
“Calling All Bloggers, Writers and Culture Shifters” now accepting blog posts from our TEDxYouth@SanAntonio community. Our objective is to acknowledge there is more than one way to spread your ideas. You don’t have to be on stage to share your thoughts with our community “Beyond The Stage” BTS.
Each month we will post a theme/question on our Facebook page and website. Submissions will open the 1st of the month, and closed a week later on the 8th. Blogs will be posted on our website the 15th of every month. We’ll also host a Blog Highlight which will be a live interview with the author.
Blog Submissions Rules:
- Must be between the ages of 13 to 19
- Must align with TEDs guidelines and mission
- Must live in San Antonio
- Blogs must be between 500-750 words
- Posts published on our main site will be approved by our Committee Chair
Interested in becoming a blog contributor for Beyond The Stage, contact Kashawn.Milligan@
Read our next article – Vote!
- September – Life After Graduation
- August – This Is My New Normal »
- July – Your Ideas Matter »
- June – What’s New With You »
- May – Ways to Stay Healthy During A Crisis »
- April – COVID is Cancelled – How has COVID 19 impacted your life? »
For more information, reach out to us at Registration@TEDxSanAntonio.com.
Our Past Events
- May 6, 2017: TEDxYouth@SanAntonio – Reinventing & Transforming Education
- November 14, 2015: TEDxYouth@SanAntonio – “Made in the Future”
- Our first event, November 15, 2014: TEDxYouth@SanAntonio – “Worlds Imagined”