You are invited to join us on Thursday, October 27th as we host the livestream of TEDWomen2016, live from San Francisco! It’s an all day event and it’s free. News of this opportunity has already leaked on social media, but let’s make it official:
- YOU SHOULD JOIN US for any and all of this event. All you have to do is register (note: registration has closed) and then come and go as you please throughout the day. Then mix and mingle with the other attendees and enjoy a full day of awesome LIVE talks streamed from TEDWomen 2016.
This year’s event is a really cool departure from what we’ve been able to offer in the past. This year we will be livestreaming the entire day, as it unfolds LIVE, from start to finish. In the last couple of years I’ve had the opportunity to experience a few TED events live as they unfold and I can tell you this much: it’s a thrill to witness. The event will feature an amazing lineup of incredible speakers and special content curated by the super-talented team at TED. Most of the talks presented won’t be posted to TED.com for days, weeks or months; after all, TED only posts one talk a day to TED.com… watch these talks before anyone else!
We’re honored to be able to host this event at Geekdom Event Center at 131 Soledad in beautiful downtown San Antonio. Geekdom is a treasured partner of TEDxSanAntonio and we couldn’t be happier to have their support.
Here’s the lineup for our livestream of TEDWomen 2016 at Geekdom Event Center (all times Central and subject to change; all speakers and sequencing also subject to change by TEDWomen organizers):
Starting at 10:30am: It’s about my time
- Lila Davachi – Memory researcher
- Laura Vanderkam – Author
- Peter Boyd – Social entrepreneur
- Brittney Cooper – Cultural theorist
- Linda Sivertsen – Writer
- Katie Hinde – Lactation researcher
- Elizabeth Lesser – Wellness specialist
Noon: Break. Time for group chat and we’re planning to queue up a number of pre-recorded TED and TEDx talks that align with the “It’s About Time” theme. We’d love your suggestions!
1:00pm: It’s about our time
- Tiq Milan – Transgender activist
- Kim Katrin Milan – Writer, educator, artist
- Tashka Yawanawá – Chief of the Yawanawá
- Laura Soriano Yawanawá – Activist
- Anela Arifi – Student scientist, flutist
- Ilda Ismaili – Student scientist, pianist
- Kennedy Odede – Community organizer
- Jessica Posner Odede – Social entrepreneur, author
- Morley – Singer-songwriter
- Thordis Elva – Writer
- Tom Stranger – Co-author, landscape gardener
2:30pm – Break. Time for group chat and we’re planning to queue up a number of pre-recorded TED and TEDx talks that align with the “It’s About Time” theme. We’d love your suggestions!
4:15pm: It’s about equal time
- Alicia Garza – Writer, activist
- Patrisse Cullors – Artist, organizer
- Opal Tometi – Human rights activist
- Miriam Zoila Pérez – Activist, doula
- Kimberlé Crenshaw – Law professor
- C. Nicole Mason – Author, researcher
- Sandi Toksvig – Broadcast personality, politician, author
- Alonzo King – Artistic director, LINES Ballet
5:45pm – Break. Time for group chat and we’re planning to queue up a number of pre-recorded TED and TEDx talks that align with the “It’s About Time” theme. We’d love your suggestions!
6:45pm: It’s about story time
- Stacy Smith – Media researcher
- Caroline Paul – Author
- Nanfu Wang – Director
- Sisonke Msimang – Writer, activist
- Jack Myers – Social analyst
- Ashley Judd – Actor, activist (NOTE: TEDWomen organizers have advised that this talk will not be appropriate for young audiences)
- Jude Kelly – Theater director, producer
- Taylor Dayne – Singer, performer
8:30pm – Event ends
JOIN US and INVITE YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY & COLLEAGUES
We’ve been organizing TEDxSanAntonio events since 2009 and hosting TEDWomen2016 will be our 16th event. We’ve been at this awhile and it’s been humbling to be part of this awesome community.
One last thing, don’t forget about our awesome main event “Now You Know” at the Witte Museum Mays Family Center. Tickets are selling at a record pace and we’d love to see each and every fan of TEDWomen2016 at our event in November – don’t let this opportunity slip by. See you there?
Note: our livestream of TEDWomen 2016 is dependent on all the tech working between San Francisco and San Antonio. We’re not anticipating problems, but life sometimes happens on the internet and we will appreciate your patience in the very unlikely event a hiccup occurs.