Yesterday’s You Think You Know event at Rackspace is officially a wrap! Thanks to the hard work of our dozens of dedicated volunteers, chairs and crew, the production was our best-attended ever.
We welcomed 650 to the event yesterday, which included breakfast, a food truck lunch, and an after party. Several watch parties and viewers connected to the event via free Livestream, including at Bibliotech locations, Geekdom, and across the world.
16 speakers gave the talks of their lives after months of preparation. Our production crew is hard at work editing the full day’s videos for posting on the TEDxTalks YouTube channel.
Thanks again to our wonderful sponsors for helping make this day possible!
Want more in the meantime? Check out these extras:
- Find yourself and your friends in the time-lapsed crowd gathering video posted on Facebook.
- Watch Brewing Media’s Social Media Lounge interviews with speakers and others (special shout-out to Jennifer and Jonathan Navarrete of Brewing Media for sponsoring and rocking the SM Lounge again)
- Read attendee Carlos Escobar’s blog post for his take on the event
- (Re)Watch the recorded TEDtalks that were shared (TED requires these to be a percentage of the programming, but these were particularly appropriate, don’t you think?)
- My year of saying yes to everything (Shonda Rhimes)
- This is what happens when you respond to spam email (James Veitch)
SAVE THE DATE!
In case you missed the announcement, our next main, all day event will be Saturday, November 12, 2016 at the updated Witte Museum events center. Be thinking about who should talk to us, themes and issues we should explore, arts and music performers we need to reach out to, sponsors who really should become involved.
And if you or idea-lovers you know are not already subscribed to email updates from TEDxSanAntonio, we’ve made it even easier: http://tedxsa.org/subscribe
Thanks, TEDxSanAntonio community, for demonstrating what sheer mindpower and creativity can do together. It is truly our pleasure spreading ideas with you.