TEDWomen 2016: It’s About Time
On Thursday, October 27, 2016 from 10:30 am – 8:30 pm, we’ll gather at the Geekdom Event Center at 131 Soledad to watch a session of the TEDWomen Simulcast together.
See the TEDWomen website for more information about the It’s About Time event.
This event is not just for women; everyone is invited to join us.
Share your ideas and experiences. Everyone who attends has great ideas and insights, so there will be plenty of time to explore the ideas presented with your fellow attendees.
Come and go in an open house format as your schedule permits. Light snacks and soft drinks will be provided.
UPDATE: Ticket sales are over
Here’s the lineup for our livestream of TEDWomen 2016 at Geekdom Event Center (all times Central and subject to change; all speakers and sequencing also subject to change by TEDWomen organizers):
Starting at 10:30am: It’s about my time
- Lila Davachi – Memory researcher
- Laura Vanderkam – Author
- Peter Boyd – Social entrepreneur
- Brittney Cooper – Cultural theorist
- Linda Sivertsen – Writer
- Katie Hinde – Lactation researcher
- Elizabeth Lesser – Wellness specialist
Noon: Break. Time for group chat and we’re planning to queue up a number of pre-recorded TED and TEDx talks that align with the “It’s About Time” theme. We’d love your suggestions!
1:00pm: It’s about our time
- Tiq Milan – Transgender activist
- Kim Katrin Milan – Writer, educator, artist
- Tashka Yawanawá – Chief of the Yawanawá
- Laura Soriano Yawanawá – Activist
- Anela Arifi – Student scientist, flutist
- Ilda Ismaili – Student scientist, pianist
- Kennedy Odede – Community organizer
- Jessica Posner Odede – Social entrepreneur, author
- Morley – Singer-songwriter
- Thordis Elva – Writer
- Tom Stranger – Co-author, landscape gardener
2:30pm – Break. Time for group chat and we’re planning to queue up a number of pre-recorded TED and TEDx talks that align with the “It’s About Time” theme. We’d love your suggestions!
4:15pm: It’s about equal time
- Alicia Garza – Writer, activist
- Patrisse Cullors – Artist, organizer
- Opal Tometi – Human rights activist
- Miriam Zoila Pérez – Activist, doula
- Kimberlé Crenshaw – Law professor
- C. Nicole Mason – Author, researcher
- Sandi Toksvig – Broadcast personality, politician, author
- Alonzo King – Artistic director, LINES Ballet
5:45pm – Break. Time for group chat and we’re planning to queue up a number of pre-recorded TED and TEDx talks that align with the “It’s About Time” theme. We’d love your suggestions!
6:45pm: It’s about story time
- Stacy Smith – Media researcher
- Caroline Paul – Author
- Nanfu Wang – Director
- Sisonke Msimang – Writer, activist
- Jack Myers – Social analyst
- Ashley Judd – Actor, activist (NOTE: TEDWomen organizers have advised that this talk will not be appropriate for young audiences)
- Jude Kelly – Theater director, producer
- Taylor Dayne – Singer, performer
8:30pm – Event ends