If you’re participating in the epic-ness that is TEDxSanAntonio, here are a few tips to make the most of your experience.
1. Arrive early. Registration opens at 8 a.m. Allow time to park and walk a few minutes to the Dicke Art Building. Grab a cup of coffee and meet some new people.
2. Stay until the very end. Serendipity rules at TEDxSanAntonio. The speaker you are least interested in hearing … usually rocks your socks off. The after-party at the historic Holt Center (5-8 p.m.) is a great place to meet the speakers and share your newfound enthusiasm.
3. Clear your calendar. Lend us your brain for the day. Ignore your email. Switch off your phone. It is an immersive experience, and you won’t want to miss a moment.
4. Talk to strangers. Ignore your parents’ advice. TEDxSanAntonio is teeming with amazing people. Look at the person two aisles over. Read his or her three Talking Points on the name badge. Strike up a conversation. You’ll never know what connection, Big Idea or epiphany you might experience.
5. Leave your laptop at home. And your cell phone in your bag or pocket. The speakers at TEDxSanAntonio merit your full attention, and laptops and cell phones are a big distraction – not just for you, but for everyone around you. To preserve an immersive experience, we don’t allow cell phone use in the theater. Blogging is permitted from the balcony only.
6. Download our (free) TEDxSanAntonio iPhone App and devour the program guide. Our schedule is so crammed that we don’t have time for long speaker introductions.
Got a question about directions or tickets? Need special assistance? Please call Debbie at 210-823-4239.