Have you wanted there to be a TEDxSA subgroup for Youth? The wait is over!
TEDxSanAntonio has been granted a license to livestream the upcoming worldwide TEDYouth conference on Saturday, November 15.
At a TEDxYouth event, middle and high school aged idea lovers organize and run an independently organized TED event. We hope this Livestream event will provide an opportunity for those interested to form a TEDxYouth @ San Antonio subgroup. Once we have established that core group of committed volunteers, we can plan more ambitious events, such as a full Youth event with live speakers.
To keep this first event manageable, we’re requesting that attendees be of high school age. We’re inviting high schoolers to attend the event free of charge. We’ll make room for a few interested adults, and we ask adults to contribute $10 toward the cost of the event.
Format and Activities
- Primary focus is to gather, watch and discuss the Livestream from TEDYouth 2014: Worlds Imagined. This year’s TEDYouth event theme is “Worlds Imagined.” Take a look at the speaker lineup.
- Students will lead two breakout groups to watch selected talks and discuss the ideas presented.
- We’re coordinating a Google Hangout with other TEDxYouth events that will be underway when we are (with a worldwide program, we often struggle with time zone issues!).
- All participants and all Youth in Bexar County are invited to participate in the TEDxYouth photo challenge. Photograph yourself holding a sign that starts with the idea: If I ruled the world … and finish the thought. Upload your creation and tag it with #TEDxYouthDay and #TEDxYouthSA, and we’ll share it with other TEDxYouth participants around the world.
- Participants are invited to brainstorm themes they’d like to explore in future events, speakers they’d like to hear from, activities that might energize the community, and groups or organizations that should be invited.
Beverages and light snacks will be provided.
Think TEDxSA Youth is a cool idea? Please help us produce the event!
We’d love your help to provide food and beverages, programs, and possibly some useful branded items, Email email@example.com with your information and interest. We welcome cash donations as well as in-kind sponsorships.
Thanks to SAYSÍ and SAYC, we have several volunteers already, but may need more. Email your interest and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org – and please make sure to specify you’re interested in helping with TEDxYouth @ SA.
Ready to Register?
Head over to the TEDxYouth@SanAntonio event page for more details and the Registration link.